a. Entry procedures for contests will be specified within the promotional mention (on-air or otherwise) for each particular contest. However, most contests can be entered by one of the following means:
Phone: 408-753-KRTY (5789)
Email: Email link/address provided on contest page.
750 Story Road
San Jose, CA 95122
a. One entry per person or household please. Multiple entries will not increase the odds of winning and may be subject to disqualification.
a. Contests are open for all 95.3 KRTY listeners. Due to the nature of certain prizes, it may be necessary to restrict the age of the winner for certain contests. In this case, an age limit will be specified within the contest announcement.
b. Employees of 95.3 KRTY, Empire Broadcasting Corp, other radio stations in the San Jose metropolitan area, affiliated entities, affiliated advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win.
c. Contestants may only win ONE Prize from 95.3 KRTY ONCE every 30 days.
d. A contestant who wins $500 or more in CASH may not win any other 95.3 KRTY prize or play any other 95.3 KRTY contest for 60 days.
e. Contestants may only win from 95.3 KRTY once every 60 days for PRIZES valued at or above $500.00.
f. One winner per household is permitted in any 95.3 KRTY contest.
g. Contestants are not eligible to win the same prize from 95.3 KRTY within 90 days. (For example: Great America Tickets, Raging Water Tickets, Tickets to the same concert already won, etc.)
h. Persons under the age of 13 are not eligible to participate 95.3 KRTY Contests (unless otherwise specified). We will immediately reject and delete any entry received from a person under the age of 13. Visitors are also required to provide truthful information and we will also reject and delete any entry we discover to be false or fraudulent.
i. Any winner of a cash prize, trip, etc. from 95.3 KRTY must be 18 years or older.
a. All prizes or prize certificates may be picked up at the business offices of 95.3 KRTY- 750 Story Road San Jose, CA 95122. Prizes are available for pick-up Monday-Friday 10am-5pm, unless otherwise specified or other arrangements have been made.
b. Prizes will be held for 30 days maximum (If prize is dated i.e. tickets to a performance, etc. and the event date passes before the 30 days are up, prize will be discarded before the 30 days)
c. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its arrival. 95.3 KRTY is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
d. Contest prizes are not transferable. Prizes may not be substituted or redeemed for their cash value.
e. Due to the nature or value of certain prizes, 95.3 KRTY requires a valid picture I.D. from all winners. If you are sending someone to pick up a prize on your behalf they must present their valid picture I.D. and a permission letter from the prize winner along with a copy of photo I.D. of the winner.
4. Selection of Winners:
a. All decisions of station management with respect to contests are final.
b. Selection of winners is random, unless announced otherwise.
c. In cases of skill-based contests, contestants will be informed of the judging criteria beforehand.
a. Payment of all federal, state or local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winners may be required to sign an IRS Form 1099 or equivalent.
b. By participating in any contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material related to the contest.
c. Contest winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to the acceptance of any prize valued at $600.00 or greater or with a prize that includes the provision of transportation whether or not such transportation is provided by 95.3 KRTY. Pursuant to the liability release, the winners will agree to hold 95.3 KRTY, affiliated companies and their officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or contest.
d. Contest winners who have accumulated more than $600.00 in prizes over a one-year period may be required to sign an IRS form 1099 or equivalent.
6. 95.3 KRTY reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest which will become effective upon announcement.
a. No purchase is necessary. The contest is void where prohibited.
b. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s
c. Copies of the contest rules are available during regular business hours, M-F 8:30a – 5:30p, at the Business Office and Main Studios of 95.3 KRTY at:
750 Story Road
San Jose, CA 95122
PRINT OUT THIS PAGE
7. 95.3 KRTY Backstage Pass E-Mail Club Rules
a. Any and all of the prior rules listed may apply.
b. To become a member, you must complete the Backstage Pass E-Mail Club entry form at www.krty.com and press the submit button or send your name, address, valid e-mail address and daytime phone number on a 3″x 5″ card to:
750 Story Road
San Jose, CA 95122
Any person submitting an entry to the Backstage Pass E-Mail Club does so of their own free will. The list will not be used for purposes outside of the realm of 95.3 KRTY and it’s promotional/advertising partners. 95.3 KRTY reserves the right to contact club members via email, phone or postal mail.
c. At various unscheduled intervals, 95.3 KRTY will conduct contests open only to club members. Various prizes to be given away will include, but are not limited to concert tickets, CD’s, movie passes etc.
d. 95.3 KRTY will at various unscheduled times furnish members with concert, station or artist information, as well as other information that the station management finds of listener value.
e. Any email message that is mass-mailed to club members may be obtained free of charge by submitting a written request to:
750 Story Road
San Jose, CA 95122
f. Club members may withdraw at any time by submitting a written request with their full name and email address to the above address.
g. 95.3 KRTY reserves the right to determine the rules and procedures for each on-air/email contest. Prizes will be given away at the discretion of the station management. All decisions of 95.3 KRTY judges in all contests are final.
h. 95.3 KRTY is not responsible for any email that is lost, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or has failed due to partial or garbled computer transmission or any other failure including internet traffic.
i. Only one entry per person is allowed into the Backstage Pass E-Mail Club. Multiple entries will be purged and do not increase the odds of winning any prize. Contestants may not enter with multiple email addresses. Any contestant attempting to register with multiple email addresses will be automatically disqualified.
j. 95.3 KRTY reserves the right to cancel or modify any promotion or contest if fraud or technical failures destroy the integrity of the promotion or contest, as determined by 95.3 KRTY in its sole discretion and without notice.
- Official Rules for Be Happy Disneyland Resort Promotion.
- Vacation Package(s): one (1) vacation package for the winner and up to three (3) Guests for two (2) nights and three (3) days at the Premises to be awarded by Promoter solely to the winner of the Promotion (subject to the restrictions)
- Hotel accommodations for the Group (one (1) standard room/quad occupancy, including room tax, subject to certain room availability) for up to two (2) consecutive nights at a Premises or Premises area hotel selected by Disney in its sole discretion (daily parking at the Premises is not included).
- Up to four (4) 3-Day, 1-Park per day Disneyland® Resort tickets for the Group good for admission to Disneyland® Park or Disney California Adventure® Park, but not to both Parks on the same day (subject to restrictions).
- The estimated retail value of the Vacation Package is $1,620.00. The actual value of the vacation package may vary depending on point of departure and seasonal fluctuations of hotel rates. Any difference between the approximate retail value and the actual cost of the/each Vacation Package will not be awarded.
- To the extent any prize (or portion thereof) is not or cannot be redeemed for any reason, Promoter will lose all rights to such prize and will not have the right to reassign or otherwise transfer such prize. Promoter will provide all winning affidavits from the winner(s) of the contest/sweepstakes to Disney by a date determined by Disney.
The estimated retail value of the vacation package is $1,620.00.
- Please see all general KRTY Rules listed above in numbers 1-6.
- The listener will be given the opportunity to comment on Facebook or call in with their Favorite Disneyland Food/Treat that they have to have when you go. Some of the responses on facebook will be read on the air. Then winners will be drawn at random.
together with the winner, the “Group”) must travel together on the same itinerary
(b) Vacation Package fulfillment and travel are subject to certain restrictions, and certain hotel/room availability at the Premises. The Vacation Package must be booked through a travel agent as designated by Disney at least forty-five (45) days prior to arrival. Block-out dates apply. No extensions will be granted. Certain travel and lodging restrictions apply
(c) Winners must be at least the age of majority pursuant to his/her applicable state of residence to enter and win. A Guest under the age of majority must be accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian who must be at least the age of majority and both will be deemed Guests of the winner (unless the winner is the Guest’s parent or legal guardian). Once selected by winner, Guests cannot be changed without the express consent of Disney, which may be withheld for any reason.
(d) Vacation Package and its components (including, without limitation, theme park tickets) may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer, separated, sold, exchanged or redeemed for cash, traded, transferred, substituted, assigned, or rescheduled to dates other than as set forth above, except in Disney’s sole and absolute discretion.
(e) The Vacation Package will not include the following: airfare, airport departure fees; baggage fees; travel insurance; room service; parking fees; laundry service; spa treatments; food; alcoholic beverages; merchandise, souvenirs; incidental expenses; local and long distance telephone calls; tips, gratuities, service charges, resort fees; and any taxes; or all other charges not explicitly included herein.
(f) All elements of the Vacation Package (including, without limitation, the theme park tickets) must be used by the Group on the same dates during the redemption of the Vacation Package. Any portion of the Vacation Package not accepted or used by winner will be forfeited.
- Theme park attractions and entertainment may be seasonal and subject to change without notice.
(h) Theme park tickets must be used prior to December 15, 2018. Terms and conditions as set forth herein and on the theme park tickets shall apply.
- A winner may not charge any Guest for participating in the prize. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied, being provided by Promoter or Disney.
(j) The winner will not receive compensation for any element(s) of the Vacation Package (including, without limitation, theme park tickets) that any participant(s) is unable to use for any reason, and such unused portion(s) of the Vacation Package will be forfeited.
(k) If the winner chooses to bring less than the allotted number of Guests, the Vacation Package will be awarded in increments suitable for the actual number of participants with no substitute prize or compensation provided to the winner.
(l) The winner and his/her Guests will be required to execute a liability/publicity release form prior to booking of any travel. Failure to return the executed release form within the specified time period will result in forfeiture of the Vacation Package. Winner acknowledges that he/she is solely responsible for any actions, claims or liabilities of the Group, related to any use or misuse of the prize or any prize-related activity or travel.
(m) Any damaged, lost or stolen theme park tickets will not be replaced.
(n) The actual value of the Vacation Package may vary depending on seasonal fluctuations of hotel rates. Any difference between the approximate retail value and the actual cost of the/each Vacation Package will not be awarded.
(o) Federal, state and local taxes relating to the prize are the responsibility of the winner and Promoter will issue all tax forms including a 1099 form to the winner.
(p) Promoter is the sponsor of the Sweepstakes.
(q) Disney, its parent, related, affiliated and subsidiary entities and their respective officers, directors, agents, employees and assigns will be released and discharged from any and all legal claims, losses, injuries, demands, damages, actions, and/or causes of actions that arise out of and/or are in any way related to the prize, the receipt, use and/or enjoyment of the prize, or prize-related activity including travel, the Promotion or the Sweepstakes.
(r) All disputes arising out of or relating to any prize provided by Disney shall be resolved by applying the laws of California, without regard to conflict of law rules, and shall be solely and exclusively brought in state or federal courts within Orange County, California. Such claims shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and all such claims shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event to include attorneys’ fees.
(s) In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes promotional materials and the terms and conditions of the Offi
(l) All disputes arising out of or relating to any prize provided by Disney shall be resolved by applying the laws of California, without regard to conflict of law rules, and shall be solely and exclusively brought in state or federal courts within Orange County, California. Such claims shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and all such claims shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event to include attorneys’ fees.
(m) In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes promotional materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail and govern.
- Providing Promoter with twenty (20) 2-Day, 1-Park Disneyland® Resort tickets good for admission to Disneyland® Park or Disney California Adventure® Park, but not both Parks on the same day (the “Tickets”) subject to restrictions.
- Tickets must be used by March 15, 2019.
- The Tickets are to be awarded as prizes to bona fide winners of the Sweepstakes only. No Tickets (or portions thereof) may be reassigned or transferred if any winner is unable to redeem such prize. Tickets issued will bear the date of issue and the date of expiration. Expiration date will not be extended, and Tickets will not be refundable or redeemable for cash or credit at any time, nor will either be replaced if lost or stolen. Tickets may not be sold or transferred to a third party, including without limitation, to any travel agents, tour operators or other persons engaged in the travel industry, except as allowed in this Agreement. No substitutions are allowed
- All other expenses, including but not limited to taxes, transportation to/from the Premises, parking, hotel accommodations, hotel room service, meals, beverages, souvenirs, resort taxes and fees, gratuities, incidental expenses and souvenirs, are the sole responsibility of the Sweepstakes winners.
- The approximate retail value of each Ticket is one hundred ninety-nine Dollars ($199.00)