Sunday: 12am-6am & 6pm-Midnight
Email Danika G
Danika is a new addition to the KRTY Team, but KRTY is definitely not new to her!
She was born and raised in San Jose and has been listening to KRTY since she was a little girl. Danika graduated from Notre Dame High School in downtown San Jose and is also a proud alumna of UC Davis. In college she studied Sociology and Spanish and was highly active in her sorority, Kappa Alpha Theta.
Danika is a lifelong San Francisco Giants and 49ers fan. Fun fact: She came home from the hospital in a SF Giants onesie when she was born!
She has a Springer Spaniel named Lincecum, Lincey for short (named after the Giants’ pitcher, Tim Lincecum).
Danika is very close with her family. She credits her dad (Cory) for her love of sports, strong work ethic, and good taste in music (country, of course). Danika’s mom (Kimberly) passed along her creativity, compassion, and genuine love for life. Danika says she loves her younger brother (Dane) more than he’ll ever know, and she thanks him for keeping her hip to the fact that there is life outside of country music.
“Follow” Danika on Twitter: Twitter.com/DanikaonKRTY
“Like” Danika’s Facebook page: facebook.com/DanikaonKRTY
“Fun Facts” About Danika!
1. Favorite Color: Coral
2. I LOVE reading blogs. Like, even ones of random people. It’s one of my funny quirks… So if you have a blog, tweet me and chances are I’ll follow it!
3. Favorite Artist: I truly can’t pick a favorite! But Miranda Lambert & Eric Church are CDs I ALWAYS have in my car!
4. I LOVE taking pictures! I’m also obsessed with products related to pictures, like Shutterfly, Instagram. I’ve always been the “friend of the group” with a camera in hand at every event!
5. Favorite Drink: Iced Tea
6. The first CD I purchased was LeAnn Rimes “Blue” when I was very little.
7. Favorite Food: Avocado or Peanut Butter (obviously NOT together though!)
8. I love bows, bright colors, being organized, and fun patterns! (Which has then produced a love of Kate Spade, Lilly Pulitzer, Vera Bradley and Erin Condren!)
9. Favorite Restaurant: Aqui or Willow Street (Willow Glen locations for both!
10. I know most of the lines to the TV shows Gilmore Girls and Friends since I watch both on DVD way more frequently than I’m sure is healthy…
11. Favorite Radio Station: 95.3 KRTY! This isn’t even a joke. I’ve listened to this station for FOREVER. I would even stream it online when I was away at college!
12. I hate pants… You’ll almost always find me in a dress.
13. Favorite Number: 13! That’s why I did 13 fun facts!