Every Sunday — 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Thanks for being a part of my dream life! I guess it all started back in high school where I was the public address announcer for the football games (didn’t play football, those bruisers would have crushed me). Got to be a part of the fun in the press box, being a bit inexperienced and 16 years old at the time I remember once announcing the ball was on the “54 yard line”, that one got alot of attention!
Oh well, times have changed and now I’m blessed to be your host for the KRTY mid-day show 9a-2p. Life has been a whirlwind and I’m loving every minute of it. Seeing you at the events, the concerts and just around town always makes me smile and I enjoy talking with you about the music, the artists and “uncle jake and aunt hilda” from back home and how country music has been a big part of your life……
Going on 14 years here at KRTY and it still feels like day one!
Some things I believe:
* If you’re gonna wear a cowboy hat and wranglers please throw on a pair of boots, not to be critical but it’s just not right…those tennis shoes!
* Steak should be DONE…well Done!
* Nothing better than the horses running in the arena, a HOT cup of coffee, the aromatic (kinda) smell of cleaning the stall…on a crisp early morning.
* Good HOT country music playing in the truck (with Merle, George, Waylon and Willie thrown in) on a long road trip down the coast.
* Steak and mashed taters…
* Good cold beer on a hot summer day
* Rodeo’s with best friends
* Looking down and seeing my boots covered in dirt knowing that’s country.
* Talking with the BEST listeners, listening to the BEST country station around.
* Being on stage to introduce artists like Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, Brad Paisley, Lady A, George Jones (we miss ya Possum) and so many more….I’m very blessed to be able to do what I do….thank you for letting me be a part of your life.
Here’s to many more years of the fun, the music and most importantly, the country friends.